Herzing University Minneapolis
- Herzing University joined forces with two Minneapolis schools to form the Herzing University Minneapolis campus. The Minneapolis Drafting School Division was acquired in 2000, after nearly 40 years of serving the Minneapolis area. In 2002, the Lakeland Medical Dental Academy became a part of the Herzing University School system, making it what it is today. Herzing University offers programs in business, design, public safety, technology, and healthcare. The drafting and design program has gained a reputation for producing some of the top drafters in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
|Herzing University Minneapolis||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||328 students||1,302 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||295%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University operates according to its motto: Career-focused, convenient, and caring. They are a university committed to giving their students convenient education options so they are able to get a quality degree without sacrificing in other areas of their lives. They put their students first by offering one-on-one guidance throughout their time at the university and career guidance after they graduate. Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Minneapolis is Herzing University-Minneapolis (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 375 students | 0.00 Mi 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 7,409 students | 3.20 Mi9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 7,384 students | 3.40 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 243 students | 6.70 Mi300 North 1st Ave, Suite 500
Minneapolis,  MN  55401
- 1,070 students | 6.80 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.