Herzing University Minneapolis
- Herzing University joined forces with two Minneapolis schools to form the Herzing University Minneapolis campus. The Minneapolis Drafting School Division was acquired in 2000, after nearly 40 years of serving the Minneapolis area. In 2002, the Lakeland Medical Dental Academy became a part of the Herzing University School system, making it what it is today. Herzing University offers programs in business, design, public safety, technology, and healthcare. The drafting and design program has gained a reputation for producing some of the top drafters in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
|Herzing University Minneapolis||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||328 students||1,302 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||295%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University operates according to its motto: Career-focused, convenient, and caring. They are a university committed to giving their students convenient education options so they are able to get a quality degree without sacrificing in other areas of their lives. They put their students first by offering one-on-one guidance throughout their time at the university and career guidance after they graduate. Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Minneapolis is Herzing University-Minneapolis (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 438 students | 0.00 Mi435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 130 students | 5.00 Mi1455 County Rd 101 North
Minneapolis,  MN  55447
- 1,070 students | 5.60 Mi818 Dunwoody Blvd
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
- 9,237 students | 5.90 Mi1501 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis,  MN  55403
- 164 students | 6.50 MiIDS Center, 80 South 8th Street, Suite 51
Minneapolis,  MN  55402
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.