Herzing University-Kenner places among the top 20% of community colleges in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herzing University-Kenner||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||381 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||181 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||200 students||1,111 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||177 students||291 students|
|# Graduate Students||4 students||4 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Kenner is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 3.60 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
- 892 students | 4.10 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 18,684 students | 8.20 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 12.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 120 students | 13.00 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.