Herzing University Birmingham
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, you’ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class.As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
|Herzing University Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||425 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||356%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University has a solid philosophy on which the university was built. Herzing is family-owned and operated. The president of Herzing University, Renee Herzing, succeeded her father, who founded Herzing University in 1965. Herzing’s goal is to provide a high-quality education with flexible options, allowing students to earn a degree around their schedule.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Birmingham is Herzing University-Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 571 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 8,516 students | 14.50 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
- 3,609 students | 35.60 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.