Herzing University Birmingham
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, you’ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class.As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
|Herzing University Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||425 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||356%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University has a solid philosophy on which the university was built. Herzing is family-owned and operated. The president of Herzing University, Renee Herzing, succeeded her father, who founded Herzing University in 1965. Herzing’s goal is to provide a high-quality education with flexible options, allowing students to earn a degree around their schedule.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Birmingham is Herzing University-Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 551 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 2,818 students | 0.20 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 8,516 students | 14.50 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.