Herzing University Birmingham
Tel: (205) 916-2800
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, you’ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class.As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
|Herzing University Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||356%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University has a solid philosophy on which the university was built. Herzing is family-owned and operated. The president of Herzing University, Renee Herzing, succeeded her father, who founded Herzing University in 1965. Herzing’s goal is to provide a high-quality education with flexible options, allowing students to earn a degree around their schedule.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
The nearest community college to Herzing University Birmingham is Herzing University-Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 586 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205) 916-2800 0.00586
- 3,375 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham, AL 35221
(205) 925-2515 3.503,375
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
(205) 428-6391 11.30n/a
- 8,711 students | 14.80 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham, AL 35215
(205) 853-1200 14.808,711
- 3,787 students | 35.50 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
(205) 387-0511 35.503,787
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.