Herzing University Birmingham
Tel: (205) 916-2800
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, youï¿½ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class. As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
|Herzing University Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Enrollment||586 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University has a solid philosophy on which the university was built. Herzing is family-owned and operated. The president of Herzing University, Renee Herzing, succeeded her father, who founded Herzing University in 1965. Herzingï¿½s goal is to provide a high-quality education with flexible options, allowing students to earn a degree around their schedule.Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
The nearest community college to Herzing University Birmingham is Herzing University-Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 571 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
(205) 916-2800 0.00571
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
(205) 925-2515 3.503,090
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
(205) 428-6391 11.30n/a
- 8,516 students | 14.80 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
(205) 853-1200 14.808,516
- 3,609 students | 35.50 Mi1411 Indiana Avenue
Jasper,  AL  35501
(205) 387-0511 35.503,609
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!