Herzing University Birmingham
- Herzing University Birmingham was founded in 1965 and acquired by Herzing University in 1968. Herzing University Birmingham now occupies a 40,000 square foot building featuring state-of-the-industry equipment, computer labs, electronic labs, and a library and resource center in order to provide high quality education to Birmingham and surrounding areas. At Herzing University Birmingham, you’ll receive the individual attention that is difficult to get at larger universities. Class sizes are small, with only about 20 to 30 students in each class.As a part of Herzing University, Herzing University Birmingham practices a strong student-first philosophy with every student. Herzing is a family-owned establishment that treats its students as a person, not a number.
|Herzing University Birmingham||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Enrollment||425 students||1,756 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||356%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University has a solid philosophy on which the university was built. Herzing is family-owned and operated. The president of Herzing University, Renee Herzing, succeeded her father, who founded Herzing University in 1965. Herzing’s goal is to provide a high-quality education with flexible options, allowing students to earn a degree around their schedule.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University Birmingham is Herzing University-Birmingham (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 551 students | 0.00 Mi280 West Valley Ave
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 2,818 students | 0.20 Mi488 Palisades Blvd.
Birmingham,  AL  35209
- 3,090 students | 3.50 Mi3060 Wilson Rd SW
Birmingham,  AL  35221
- n/a students | 11.30 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 8,516 students | 14.50 Mi2601 Carson Rd
Birmingham,  AL  35215
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.