Henry Ford Community College
- We, of Henry Ford Community College, are dedicated to the education and enrichment of our students and community. As a comprehensive community college with a diverse student population, we value teaching and learning. To prepare our students for a rapidly changing world and workplace, we are committed to providing knowledge, communication skills, and cultural opportunities. We foster critical thinking, creativity, integrity, and self-esteem.
Henry Ford Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 370 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Henry Ford Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||370 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,790 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,071 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,719 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,500||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- HFCC has more than 50 years experience delivering specialized training to business and industry. It was the first community college in the nation to work with union and management leaderships to design and deliver joint training programs. The corporate training division of the college has served more than 68,000 employees, 575 different businesses and nearly 400 individuals in workplace training programs. The staff of the University Transfer, Advising and Career Counseling Center can assist you with selecting a career path and planning the courses necessary to complete your educational goals. Whether your goal is to transfer to a university or complete a program that will prepare you to enter the workforce immediately, HFCC's licensed professional counselors can help you. At Henry Ford Community College, we believe in rewarding academic excellence by helping finance students' education through scholarships. They are made possible by the HFCC Trustees, the HFCC Foundation Board, generous alumni, other friends of the College, local businesses, organizations, faculty, staff, and those who believe in your future and in the value of education. Henry Ford Community College is accredited by the The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Michigan Commission on College Accreditation.
- The nearest community college to Henry Ford Community College is Baker College of Allen Park (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,372 students | 3.80 Mi4500 Enterprise Dr
Allen Park,  MI  48101
- 16,310 students | 9.20 Mi801 W. Fort Street
Detroit,  MI  48226
- 289 students | 11.20 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
- 10,558 students | 12.10 Mi18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia,  MI  48152
- 22,914 students | 18.20 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren,  MI  48088
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.