Green River Community College
- Green River Community College is a public two-year college where students from all over the world come together to learn, grow and enrich their lives. At Green River, students can choose from a wide variety of transfer degrees, professional-technical programs, pre-college and basic skills courses and continuing education classes. High-quality faculty and motivated staff advise, counsel and support students in their chosen educational careers, creating an atmosphere where achievement is expected and encouraged. Strong academics, solid student services, a diverse and lively campus community and new facilities combine at Green River to provide students a one-of-kind education with lessons that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Green River Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Green River Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,915 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,052 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,863 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,500||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Green River Community College is a two-year public college in Washington state that offers degrees and certificates in academic and professional and technical programs, as well as courses in continuing education and developmental education. Located on 186 acres, Green River has been committed to maintaining the ecological integrity of the campus's forested growth. Students enjoy this beautiful campus in its safe and peaceful environment. Green River offers courses and programs leading to a variety of associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in professional and technical fields and academic transfer. The college also offers customized training, developmental and basic skills programs, as well as a variety of noncredit activities and courses for personal enrichment. Students enroll at the main campus in Auburn, the Center at Enumclaw, Center at Kent, other community locations, and through distance learning. Green River also offers a variety of support services to currently enrolled and prospective students to increase their chances for success. Green River Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Green River Community College is Highline College (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,443 students | 7.70 Mi2400 S 240th St
Seattle,  WA  98198
- 777 students | 10.90 Mi555 South Renton Village Pl-Ste 400
Renton,  WA  98057
- 3,671 students | 11.80 Mi1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup,  WA  98374
- 3,359 students | 12.10 Mi3000 NE Fourth St
Renton,  WA  98056
- 795 students | 13.10 Mi2156 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma,  WA  98402
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.