Green River Community College
- Green River Community College is a public two-year college where students from all over the world come together to learn, grow and enrich their lives. At Green River, students can choose from a wide variety of transfer degrees, professional-technical programs, pre-college and basic skills courses and continuing education classes. High-quality faculty and motivated staff advise, counsel and support students in their chosen educational careers, creating an atmosphere where achievement is expected and encouraged. Strong academics, solid student services, a diverse and lively campus community and new facilities combine at Green River to provide students a one-of-kind education with lessons that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Green River Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Green River Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,915 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,052 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,863 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,500||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Green River Community College is a two-year public college in Washington state that offers degrees and certificates in academic and professional and technical programs, as well as courses in continuing education and developmental education. Located on 186 acres, Green River has been committed to maintaining the ecological integrity of the campus's forested growth. Students enjoy this beautiful campus in its safe and peaceful environment. Green River offers courses and programs leading to a variety of associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas in professional and technical fields and academic transfer. The college also offers customized training, developmental and basic skills programs, as well as a variety of noncredit activities and courses for personal enrichment. Students enroll at the main campus in Auburn, the Center at Enumclaw, Center at Kent, other community locations, and through distance learning. Green River also offers a variety of support services to currently enrolled and prospective students to increase their chances for success. Green River Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Green River Community College is Highline College (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,443 students | 7.70 Mi2400 S 240th St
Seattle,  WA  98198
- 777 students | 10.90 Mi555 South Renton Village Pl-Ste 400
Renton,  WA  98057
- 3,671 students | 11.80 Mi1601 39th Ave SE
Puyallup,  WA  98374
- 3,359 students | 12.10 Mi3000 NE Fourth St
Renton,  WA  98056
- 795 students | 13.10 Mi2156 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma,  WA  98402
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.