Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch
- Golf Academy of America is a 2-year golf college that will help improve your golf skills while preparing you for a rewarding and successful golf career. The newest golf college campus is located in Dallas, TX and provides the perfect environment for golfers and those who want to learn the business of golf. Golf Academy of America-Dallas also has traditional classrooms, a computer lab, club repair shop, and a student lounge. Practice and playing opportunities are conducted at the many area golf facilities, contributing to an ideal setting for learning and student activities.
|Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||80 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||76 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4 students||2,866 students|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in Dallas get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including Bear Creek, Brookhaven Country Club, Canyon Creek Country Club, Las Colinas, and Timarron Country Club to mention a few. Golf Academy of America provides students the opportunity to gain practical experience and networking skills through volunteering, participating, and observing in a number PGA and LPGA events.
- The nearest community college to Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch is Kaplan College-Dallas (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 435 students | 1.60 Mi12005 Ford Road, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 909 students | 2.80 Mi11830 Webb Chapel Road
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 12,403 students | 3.90 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
- 10,744 students | 4.50 Mi5001 North MacArthur Blvd.
Irving,  TX  75038
- 490 students | 7.70 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.