Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch
- Golf Academy of America is a 2-year golf college that will help improve your golf skills while preparing you for a rewarding and successful golf career. The newest golf college campus is located in Dallas, TX and provides the perfect environment for golfers and those who want to learn the business of golf. Golf Academy of America-Dallas also has traditional classrooms, a computer lab, club repair shop, and a student lounge. Practice and playing opportunities are conducted at the many area golf facilities, contributing to an ideal setting for learning and student activities.
|Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||80 students||3,921 students|
|# Full-Time Students||76 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4 students||2,866 students|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in Dallas get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including Bear Creek, Brookhaven Country Club, Canyon Creek Country Club, Las Colinas, and Timarron Country Club to mention a few. Golf Academy of America provides students the opportunity to gain practical experience and networking skills through volunteering, participating, and observing in a number PGA and LPGA events.
- The nearest community college to Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch is Kaplan College-Dallas (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 435 students | 1.60 Mi12005 Ford Road, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 909 students | 2.80 Mi11830 Webb Chapel Road
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 12,403 students | 3.90 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
- 10,744 students | 4.50 Mi5001 North MacArthur Blvd.
Irving,  TX  75038
- 490 students | 7.70 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.