Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs
- Golf Academy of America is a 2-year golf college that will help improve your golf skills while preparing you for a rewarding and successful golf career. Golf Academy of America's Florida campus is located in Orlando, FL and provides the perfect environment for golfers and those who want to learn the business of golf. GAA has been in operation in Florida since 1986, with an expansion in 2006, providing students with a 3300 square-foot indoor training center and an additional 1300 square-foot classroom dedicated to golf instruction. This golf instructional complex has the most advanced video golf instruction software available for golf school students. Golf Academy of America-Orlando also has traditional classrooms, a computer lab, club repair shop, and a student lounge. In addition, a library and career placement services are housed in the Orlando golf college's comprehensive campus. Practice and playing opportunities are conducted at the many area golf facilities, contributing to an ideal setting for learning and student activities.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||192 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||180 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||655 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in Orlando get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including Timacuan, Red Tail, Heathrow, Eagle Dunes, West Orange to mention a few. Golf Academy of America provides students the opportunity to gain practical experience and networking skills through volunteering, participating, and observing in a number of annual golf events such as Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, Children's Miracle Network PGA Classic, PGA Merchandise Show, and other PGA and LPGA events.
- The nearest community college to Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs is Centura Institute (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 47 students | 4.30 Mi6359 Edgewater Drive
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 418 students | 4.40 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 634 students | 5.70 Mi5421 Diplomat Circle
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 242 students | 6.40 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 14 students | 7.30 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.