Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs
- Golf Academy of America is a 2-year golf college that will help improve your golf skills while preparing you for a rewarding and successful golf career. Golf Academy of America's Florida campus is located in Orlando, FL and provides the perfect environment for golfers and those who want to learn the business of golf. GAA has been in operation in Florida since 1986, with an expansion in 2006, providing students with a 3300 square-foot indoor training center and an additional 1300 square-foot classroom dedicated to golf instruction. This golf instructional complex has the most advanced video golf instruction software available for golf school students. Golf Academy of America-Orlando also has traditional classrooms, a computer lab, club repair shop, and a student lounge. In addition, a library and career placement services are housed in the Orlando golf college's comprehensive campus. Practice and playing opportunities are conducted at the many area golf facilities, contributing to an ideal setting for learning and student activities.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||192 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||180 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12 students||655 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in Orlando get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including Timacuan, Red Tail, Heathrow, Eagle Dunes, West Orange to mention a few. Golf Academy of America provides students the opportunity to gain practical experience and networking skills through volunteering, participating, and observing in a number of annual golf events such as Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, Children's Miracle Network PGA Classic, PGA Merchandise Show, and other PGA and LPGA events.
- The nearest community college to Golf Academy of America-Altamonte Springs is Centura Institute (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 47 students | 4.30 Mi6359 Edgewater Drive
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 418 students | 4.40 Mi2600 Lake Lucien Drive Suite#240
Maitland,  FL  32751
- 634 students | 5.70 Mi5421 Diplomat Circle
Orlando,  FL  32810
- 242 students | 6.40 Mi7275 Estapona Circle
Casselberry,  FL  32730
- 14 students | 7.30 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
We report on the latest developments at City College of San Francisco that have resulted in the school’s loss of accreditation and impending shut-down.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.