Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)
- Glendale Community College (GCC) offers you student clubs of all kinds, student government opportunities, cultural performances all year, an internationally known forensics team and wonderful athletics programs. There is an abundance of information here about the 1,000+ courses we offer, the myriad university transfer degrees you can begin here, and the 50 associates degrees or 50 certificates you can pursue. Every faculty and staff member at GCC is here to serve you in some way, and all of us look forward to helping you reach your true potential in the classroom, in extracurricular activities outside the classroom, and in your world beyond college.
- The teacher population of 522 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||522 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,506 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,951 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,555 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Glendale Community College (GCC) keeps pace with the constant growth of the West Valley, offering increased breadth and depth of educational opportunity. Each year, more than 40,000 students enroll in dozens of courses and degree and certificate programs at one of three GCC locations, making the College's enrollment the second largest in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). More than 319,000 students have completed associate degrees, certificate programs, industry-specific training and university transfer courses.Located at 59th and Olive Avenues, the GCC main campus spans 147 acres and serves as a focal point for diverse community activities. The College offers a friendly, welcoming environment for learning. A dynamic, future-oriented Facilities Master Plan guides the ongoing development of GCC main campus to accommodate the changing needs and interests of thousands more students and community members.Glendale Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.Students, including teens, business employees, community residents, and retirees, are attracted by the small classes, professional instructors, ideal location, affordable tuition and flexible course offerings. GCC is hallmarked by its High Tech Complex and sophisticated technology used to enhance student learning.
- The nearest community college to Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302) is Arizona College-Glendale (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 630 students | 2.10 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 628 students | 3.10 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
- 617 students | 4.30 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 1,468 students | 4.50 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 648 students | 5.00 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.