Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)
- Glendale Community College (GCC) offers you student clubs of all kinds, student government opportunities, cultural performances all year, an internationally known forensics team and wonderful athletics programs. There is an abundance of information here about the 1,000+ courses we offer, the myriad university transfer degrees you can begin here, and the 50 associates degrees or 50 certificates you can pursue. Every faculty and staff member at GCC is here to serve you in some way, and all of us look forward to helping you reach your true potential in the classroom, in extracurricular activities outside the classroom, and in your world beyond college.
- The teacher population of 522 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||522 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,506 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,951 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,555 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Glendale Community College (GCC) keeps pace with the constant growth of the West Valley, offering increased breadth and depth of educational opportunity. Each year, more than 40,000 students enroll in dozens of courses and degree and certificate programs at one of three GCC locations, making the College's enrollment the second largest in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). More than 319,000 students have completed associate degrees, certificate programs, industry-specific training and university transfer courses.Located at 59th and Olive Avenues, the GCC main campus spans 147 acres and serves as a focal point for diverse community activities. The College offers a friendly, welcoming environment for learning. A dynamic, future-oriented Facilities Master Plan guides the ongoing development of GCC main campus to accommodate the changing needs and interests of thousands more students and community members.Glendale Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.Students, including teens, business employees, community residents, and retirees, are attracted by the small classes, professional instructors, ideal location, affordable tuition and flexible course offerings. GCC is hallmarked by its High Tech Complex and sophisticated technology used to enhance student learning.
- The nearest community college to Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302) is Arizona College-Glendale (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 630 students | 2.10 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 628 students | 3.10 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
- 617 students | 4.30 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 1,468 students | 4.50 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 648 students | 5.00 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.