Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)
- Glendale Community College (GCC) offers you student clubs of all kinds, student government opportunities, cultural performances all year, an internationally known forensics team and wonderful athletics programs. There is an abundance of information here about the 1,000+ courses we offer, the myriad university transfer degrees you can begin here, and the 50 associates degrees or 50 certificates you can pursue. Every faculty and staff member at GCC is here to serve you in some way, and all of us look forward to helping you reach your true potential in the classroom, in extracurricular activities outside the classroom, and in your world beyond college.
- The teacher population of 522 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302)||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||522 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,506 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,951 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,555 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Glendale Community College (GCC) keeps pace with the constant growth of the West Valley, offering increased breadth and depth of educational opportunity. Each year, more than 40,000 students enroll in dozens of courses and degree and certificate programs at one of three GCC locations, making the College's enrollment the second largest in the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). More than 319,000 students have completed associate degrees, certificate programs, industry-specific training and university transfer courses.Located at 59th and Olive Avenues, the GCC main campus spans 147 acres and serves as a focal point for diverse community activities. The College offers a friendly, welcoming environment for learning. A dynamic, future-oriented Facilities Master Plan guides the ongoing development of GCC main campus to accommodate the changing needs and interests of thousands more students and community members.Glendale Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.Students, including teens, business employees, community residents, and retirees, are attracted by the small classes, professional instructors, ideal location, affordable tuition and flexible course offerings. GCC is hallmarked by its High Tech Complex and sophisticated technology used to enhance student learning.
- The nearest community college to Glendale Community College (Glendale - 85302) is Arizona College-Glendale (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 630 students | 2.10 Mi4425 W Olive Avenue Suite 300
Glendale,  AZ  85302
- 628 students | 2.90 Mi6829 N 46th Ave
Glendale,  AZ  85301
- 617 students | 4.30 Mi8503 N 27th Ave.
Phoenix,  AZ  85051
- 1,468 students | 4.50 Mi2445 W. Dunlap Ave., Ste. 100
Phoenix,  AZ  85021
- 648 students | 4.80 Mi13430 N Black Canyon Ste. 190
Phoenix,  AZ  85029
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.