George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan
- George C. Wallace Community College, a comprehensive community college, seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth, and enhance the quality of life of its constituents.
- The teacher population of 164 teachers has declined by 36% over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||164 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,854 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,251 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,603 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace Community college is founding a Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) to strengthen faculty capabilities in utilizing technology in the teaching/learning process. It will provide training and support for faculty, with a focus on strengthening skills in the use of technology. Structured as a multi-service resource facility, the CIE will support faculty revising and developing curricula and course materials and assessing their efforts to integrate technology into instruction.Wallace Community College offers student activities, programs, and services that promote leadership, academic support, and social and cultural experiences.Wallace Community College awards financial assistance on a continuous basis for the entire year for the campus-based programs (FWS, FSEOG, and ASAP. The primary purpose of student financial assistance programs at Wallace Community College is to assist students with meeting the cost of their education. Eligibility for grants is based on financial need.
- The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan is Enterprise State Community College (20.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,304 students | 20.40 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
- 2,080 students | 39.10 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
- 1,731 students | 46.50 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 303 students | 50.50 Mi501College St
Cuthbert,  GA  39840
- 1,599 students | 59.90 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.