George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan
- George C. Wallace Community College, a comprehensive community college, seeks to provide accessible quality educational opportunities, promote economic growth, and enhance the quality of life of its constituents.
- The teacher population of 164 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||164 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,854 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,251 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,603 students||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace Community college is founding a Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) to strengthen faculty capabilities in utilizing technology in the teaching/learning process. It will provide training and support for faculty, with a focus on strengthening skills in the use of technology. Structured as a multi-service resource facility, the CIE will support faculty revising and developing curricula and course materials and assessing their efforts to integrate technology into instruction.Wallace Community College offers student activities, programs, and services that promote leadership, academic support, and social and cultural experiences.Wallace Community College awards financial assistance on a continuous basis for the entire year for the campus-based programs (FWS, FSEOG, and ASAP. The primary purpose of student financial assistance programs at Wallace Community College is to assist students with meeting the cost of their education. Eligibility for grants is based on financial need.
- The nearest community college to George C Wallace State Community College-Dothan is Enterprise State Community College (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,304 students | 2.70 Mi600 Plaza Drive
Enterprise,  AL  36330
- 1,599 students | 39.50 Mi1000 Dannelly Blvd.
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 1,731 students | 40.90 MiP.O. Drawer 1418
Andalusia,  AL  36420
- 2,080 students | 47.90 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
- 6,708 students | 65.80 Mi100 College Blvd. E.
Niceville,  FL  32578
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.