Fortis College-Phoenix places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Phoenix||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||23 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||290 students||6,476 students|
|# Full-Time Students||290 students||1,336 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,400||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis College-Phoenix is GateWay Community College (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,950 students | 2.80 Mi108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 732 students | 3.10 Mi4210 E Washington Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85034
- 12,107 students | 3.40 Mi1202 W Thomas Rd
Phoenix,  AZ  85013
- 20,215 students | 4.90 Mi2323 W 14th St
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 4,287 students | 5.00 Mi7050 S 24th Street
Phoenix,  AZ  85042
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.