- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Mobile||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||352 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||352 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||752 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$21,900||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis College-Mobile is Remington College-Mobile Campus (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 518 students | 3.70 Mi828 Downtowner Loop W
Mobile,  AL  36609
- 3,320 students | 8.90 Mi351 North Broad Street
Mobile,  AL  36603
- 4,094 students | 27.90 Mi1900 US Hwy 31 S
Bay Minette,  AL  36507
- 178 students | 51.50 Mi12251 Bernard Pkwy
Gulfport,  MS  39503
- 9,799 students | 55.90 Mi51 Main Street
Perkinston,  MS  39573
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.