Florida Technical College
- Florida Technical College is one big family. The school is full of like-minded individuals working toward the common goal of increased career potential and brighter futures. FTC was founded in 1982 to provide post-secondary training in specialized business fields. We offer both Associate Degree and Diploma Programs in today's fastest growing occupations. Florida Technical College programs are exciting and dynamic, evolving over the years to meet the needs of students and the job marketplace. Centrally located, Orlando campus is within minutes of both downtown Orlando and Winter Park. Restaurants, shopping centers, and ample housing accommodations are within easy access of the campus.
- The teacher population of 136 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Florida Technical College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||136 staff||37 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||38||10|
|Total Enrollment||2,977 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,977 students||487 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,200||$30,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||75%||90%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,270||$11,875|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,334|
- Florida Technical College offers both associate degree programs and diploma programs. And you can earn your degree in as little as 18 months. The keys to our successful educational programs include experienced instructors; modern facilities and equipment; extensive hands-on training; career services and professional preparation seminars; and a supportive classroom learning environment. Florida Technical College is a Junior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Associates of Science degrees and academic diplomas. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Orlando campus is in a new location at 12689 Challenger Parkway in a 28,000 square-foot building containing classrooms, computer labs, learning resource center, administrative offices and a new medical lab. The school is situated on the east side of Orlando, off Alafaya Trail, just minutes from the East-West Expressway.
- The nearest community college to Florida Technical College is Full Sail University (6.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,285 students | 6.60 Mi3300 University Blvd
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 548 students | 7.70 Mi1865 SR 436
Winter Park,  FL  32792
- 2,090 students | 10.50 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
- 14 students | 10.70 Mi1573 W. Fairbanks Ave Suite #100
Winter Park,  FL  32789
- 43,217 students | 11.30 Mi190 South Orange Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32801