Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Sa focused curriculum integrates creative and leadership skills to develop graduates for the global industries of Fashion, Visual Arts, Interior Design, and Entertainment. Combined with these skills, FIDM graduates value ethical choices, demonstrate an awareness of cultural diversity, communicate effectively, think critically, and possess the knowledge of technology essential to their professions.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||527 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||463 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||64 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,800||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Francisco is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-San Francisco (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 442 students | 1.50 Mi350 Rhode Island Street
San Francisco,  CA  94103
- 23,610 students | 4.80 Mi50 Phelan Ave
San Francisco,  CA  94112
- 5,712 students | 7.00 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 10,548 students | 7.90 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 6,321 students | 9.50 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.