Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego
- The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Sa (FIDM) is a specialized, private college dedicated to educating students for the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design, and Entertainment Industries. It’s a place where creativity and careers merge. We’re hands-on and industry focused. We’re small enough to know our students’ names, but big enough to have the industry contacts and resources to help them meet their goals. FIDM is an internationally recognized force in the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design and Entertainment Industries. Whether creating strong industry partnerships with companies who mentor students inside and outside the classroom or cultivating relationships with top brands, our goal is to create incredible career opportunities for our students and graduates.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||142 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||133 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,800||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego is San Diego City College (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,298 students | 0.30 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego,  CA  92101
- n/a students | 3.20 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- 967 students | 3.30 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- 2,000 students | 3.70 Mi2488 Historic Decatur Rd, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  09210
- n/a students | 4.00 Mi6602 Convoy Court Ste 100
San Diego,  CA  92111
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.