Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County
- FIDM / Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising has been educating students for careers in the fashion and entertainment industries for over 40 years. Our goal is to give students the best college education possible while preparing them to launch their career immediately. The focused curriculum, talented faculty, and a global network of industry partners like Cotton, Inc. and Disney, give students the necessary skills to work simultaneously while earning their degree. FIDM has helped launch the careers of over 40,000 graduates, including famed designers Monique Lhuillier, Kevan Hall, and Randolph Duke, just to name a few. Nine graduates have appeared as contestants on Project Runway, including FIDM Instructor Nick Verreos and Season 5 winner Leanne Marshall. Our students and graduates are doing everything from designing sets for primetime television, creating costumes for television and movies, and designing clothing for Anthropologie and GUESS, Inc., to creating visual displays for Forever 21, creating logos and marketing materials for surf and sport companies, and launching the latest beauty products. FIDM offers several degree options, including a four-year Bachelor of Science degree; 20 creative majors, and an unparalleled Career Center with a database of over 19,000 employers and growing.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||156 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||150 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,800||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County is Pacific College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 274 students | 1.50 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 21,775 students | 3.70 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 194 students | 4.00 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 13,157 students | 4.30 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine,  CA  92618
- 11,313 students | 4.70 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley,  CA  92708
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.