Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles
- FIDM prepares students to enter the global industries of fashion, visual arts, interior design and entertainment. Students become skilled professionals who are current in technology, experienced in critical thought, appreciative of creative expression, aware of ethical standards and proficient in effective communication.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Four great campuses - Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, San Diego - give you the chance to find the perfect environment. From a cosmopolitan urban campus to one with that small-town feeling, they're all located in major commercial centers. And for those few moments when you're not thinking about your future profession, our campuses are also within a day's drive of winter skiing, summer beach-going and year-round play. FIDM Los Angeles is fashion central -- at the heart of a city that dominates the entertainment, retail, manufacturing, interior and graphic design industries. Our architecturally stunning main campus is nestled in the quiet 4-acre Grand-Hope Park, with its mosaic water fountains, ivy-covered arbor walks, and metal sculptures. Yet this landmark downtown site is only steps away from the bustling garment district, the International Jewelry Center, and the California Mart --the country's largest year-round mart, with 2,000 showrooms. FIDM provides the most relevant, specialized, professional education available to students seeking careers in the fashion, interiors, graphic design, and entertainment industries. From the moment you walk in to one of our campuses, you feel the FIDM difference. Creativity is everywhere, especially in our students, who come to FIDM to channel their dreams and passions. FIDM offers 2 Year, Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts Professional Designation, and Associate of Arts Advanced Study degree programs. Every program leads to a degree. Our curriculum has been developed, and is continually updated, to reflect the needs of each industry served by our majors. The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM) is a proprietary college incorporated under the laws of the state of California. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The nearest community college to Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Los Angeles is Los Angeles Trade Technical College (1.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,688 students | 1.00 Mi400 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles,  CA  90015
(213) 763-7000 1.0014,688
- 1,358 students | 2.70 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
(213) 484-8850 2.701,358
- 411 students | 2.90 Mi3699 Wilshire Blvd., Fourth Floor
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
(323) 937-7772 2.90411
- 204 students | 3.00 Mi1237 N. Mission Rd.
Los Angeles,  CA  90033
(323) 226-4911 3.00204
- 1,613 students | 3.10 Mi4021 Rosewood Avenue
Los Angeles,  CA  90004
(949) 783-4800 3.101,613
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!