Fashion Careers College (Closed 2013)
- Fashion Careers College is a private postsecondary business school founded to provide a college level education for students seeking a successful career in the fashion industry. Dedicated to equipping students with the knowledge and skill sets they need to prosper, FCC is a welcoming environment that gives students the confidence and experience they need to turn their designs on a career in fashion into reality.
|Fashion Careers College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2012)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2012)||87%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2012)||$11,875||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2012)||$7,917||$4,750|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As 1980s approached, Patricia O'Connor, an educator and entrepreneur, decided to fill this fashion void by founding Fashion Careers College (FCC), formerly Fashion Careers of California College. Approved by the Department of Education and State of California, FCC became a nationally accredited college by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools in 1979. Fashion Careers College is situated directly across from Mission Bay, a popular year-round recreation spot. Conveniently located near all major freeways, the school is just minutes away from San Diego's new and expanding regional centers including Fashion Valley, Mission Valley, University Towne Center, The Forum Mall and Horton Plaza. At FCC, we offer a wide-range of study programs to further fuel your interest in fashion while developing your career path through various internship opportunities, field trips, and elective tours that expose you to real-life experiences. We offer Specialized Associate Degree Programs, Certificate Programs and Short Term Seminars.
- The nearest community college to Fashion Careers College is San Diego Mesa College (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,191 students | 2.70 Mi7250 Mesa College Dr
San Diego,  CA  92111
- 438 students | 2.90 Mi1615 Murray Canyon Road, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- n/a students | 2.90 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- 2,000 students | 3.10 Mi2488 Historic Decatur Rd, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  09210
- 796 students | 5.00 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.