- Tracing its roots to 1890, Everest University-Tampa can rightfully claim to be the oldest, continuously operating business college in the State of Florida. Our modern labs and classrooms offer all the modern amenities for the 21st century student. We specialize in offering short-term career training in Allied Health fields such as Medical Assistant and Massage Therapy and Trades programs such as Electrician and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Our more advanced programs allow a student to pursue Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degrees in such fields as accounting, business, criminal justice, medical insurance billing and coding, and paralegal. We’ve designed each class to help you understand vital concepts quickly and easily. To create a sense of community within our school, we plan events throughout the school year. We have quarterly Student Appreciation Days filled with food, fun and activities incorporating seasonal events, such as Halloween costume contests, Constitutional activities and Spring Fests. Our campus also offers a tutoring program that is staffed by Student Ambassadors and organized by our Student Services Coordinator. We offer tutoring in diverse subjects ranging from medical diploma subjects to accounting, business, and finance.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-Tampa||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||537 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||433 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||104 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||422 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||11 students||30 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-Tampa is Sanford-Brown College-Online (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 958 students | 2.20 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
- 27,298 students | 4.90 Mi39 Columbia Drive
Tampa,  FL  33606
- 555 students | 7.40 Mi119 N Glen Arven Ave
Tampa,  FL  33617
- 2,460 students | 9.10 Mi3924 Coconut Palm Dr
Tampa,  FL  33619
- 862 students | 12.50 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.