- Tracing its roots to 1890, Everest University-Tampa can rightfully claim to be the oldest, continuously operating business college in the State of Florida. Our modern labs and classrooms offer all the modern amenities for the 21st century student. We specialize in offering short-term career training in Allied Health fields such as Medical Assistant and Massage Therapy and Trades programs such as Electrician and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Our more advanced programs allow a student to pursue Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degrees in such fields as accounting, business, criminal justice, medical insurance billing and coding, and paralegal. We’ve designed each class to help you understand vital concepts quickly and easily. To create a sense of community within our school, we plan events throughout the school year. We have quarterly Student Appreciation Days filled with food, fun and activities incorporating seasonal events, such as Halloween costume contests, Constitutional activities and Spring Fests. Our campus also offers a tutoring program that is staffed by Student Ambassadors and organized by our Student Services Coordinator. We offer tutoring in diverse subjects ranging from medical diploma subjects to accounting, business, and finance.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-Tampa||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||537 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||433 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||104 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||422 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||11 students||30 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-Tampa is Sanford-Brown College-Online (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 958 students | 2.20 Mi7702 Woodland Center Blvd Suite 100
Tampa,  FL  33614
- 27,298 students | 4.90 Mi39 Columbia Drive
Tampa,  FL  33606
- 555 students | 7.40 Mi119 N Glen Arven Ave
Tampa,  FL  33617
- 2,460 students | 9.00 Mi3924 Coconut Palm Dr
Tampa,  FL  33619
- 862 students | 12.70 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.