Everest University-South Orlando
- Everest University’s South Orlando campus is located in the Greater Orlando metropolitan region in Florida and serves both Orange and Osceola counties. This vibrant, active campus aims to create a successful learning environment not only for its students, but also for its employees by understanding that if employees are happy, students can benefit from a quality education. Opened in 1987 as the former Orlando College, this campus is one of Everest's largest facilities with 60,000 square feet on just one floor and is approximately a quarter-mile long from one end of the facility to the other. Another vital campus initiative is to connect with local neighborhoods in an effort to impact at the community level. It begins with dedicated members of the Everest team and its students by working in every direction to be a partner in the community.
- The teacher population of 242 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-South Orlando||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||242 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,535 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||93:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||11,546 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,989 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||11,469 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||77 students||30 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-South Orlando is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Orlando (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 972 students | 0.50 Mi8511 Commodity Circle
Orlando,  FL  32819
- 1,445 students | 1.90 Mi1485 Florida Mall Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 211 students | 2.90 Mi6039 South Rio Grande Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 43,217 students | 7.90 Mi190 South Orange Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32801
- 2,090 students | 10.40 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.