Everest University-South Orlando
- Everest University’s South Orlando campus is located in the Greater Orlando metropolitan region in Florida and serves both Orange and Osceola counties. This vibrant, active campus aims to create a successful learning environment not only for its students, but also for its employees by understanding that if employees are happy, students can benefit from a quality education. Opened in 1987 as the former Orlando College, this campus is one of Everest's largest facilities with 60,000 square feet on just one floor and is approximately a quarter-mile long from one end of the facility to the other. Another vital campus initiative is to connect with local neighborhoods in an effort to impact at the community level. It begins with dedicated members of the Everest team and its students by working in every direction to be a partner in the community.
- The teacher population of 242 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-South Orlando||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||242 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,535 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||93:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||11,546 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,989 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||11,469 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||77 students||30 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-South Orlando is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Orlando (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 972 students | 2.30 Mi8511 Commodity Circle
Orlando,  FL  32819
- 1,445 students | 4.10 Mi1485 Florida Mall Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 211 students | 4.30 Mi6039 South Rio Grande Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 43,217 students | 8.10 Mi190 South Orange Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32801
- 2,090 students | 10.50 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.