Everest University-South Orlando
- Everest University’s South Orlando campus is located in the Greater Orlando metropolitan region in Florida and serves both Orange and Osceola counties. This vibrant, active campus aims to create a successful learning environment not only for its students, but also for its employees by understanding that if employees are happy, students can benefit from a quality education. Opened in 1987 as the former Orlando College, this campus is one of Everest's largest facilities with 60,000 square feet on just one floor and is approximately a quarter-mile long from one end of the facility to the other. Another vital campus initiative is to connect with local neighborhoods in an effort to impact at the community level. It begins with dedicated members of the Everest team and its students by working in every direction to be a partner in the community.
- The teacher population of 242 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-South Orlando||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||242 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||22,535 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||93:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||11,546 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,989 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||11,469 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||77 students||30 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-South Orlando is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Orlando (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 972 students | 0.50 Mi8511 Commodity Circle
Orlando,  FL  32819
- 1,445 students | 1.90 Mi1485 Florida Mall Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 211 students | 2.90 Mi6039 South Rio Grande Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
- 43,217 students | 7.90 Mi190 South Orange Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32801
- 2,090 students | 10.40 Mi671 Winyah Drive
Orlando,  FL  32803
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.