Everest University-Orange Park
- The Orange Park campus of Everest University, located 805 Wells Road, Orange Park, FL 32073, opened in May 2004 as Florida Metropolitan University, and was renamed to Everest University in November 2007. To date, there are approximately 1,200 students attending. The campus consists of three separate buildings with ample parking and easy accessibility for public transit. As a vital member of the Clay County community, it was twice named a finalist as the Chamber of Commerce's "Business of the Year." Students are involved in many community events throughout the year. Every May, Orange Park campus sponsors a Community Care Day in which Fox TV conducts Hurricane Preparedness Seminars, ID registration for children, and free food and entertainment for over 2,000 Clay County residents. The campus also sponsors a Breast Cancer Walk, a Muscular Dystrophy event, helps with Salvation Army donations, and conducts various Blood Drives.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest University-Orange Park||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||558 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||468 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||90 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest University-Orange Park is Fortis College-Orange Park (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 312 students | 0.20 Mi560 Wells Road
Orange Park,  FL  32073
- 570 students | 7.50 Mi8226 Phillips Hwy
Jacksonville,  FL  32256
- 164 students | 8.20 Mi3563 Phillips Highway Building E Suite 501
Jacksonville,  FL  32207
- 340 students | 9.40 Mi10255 Fortune Parkway, Suite 501
Jacksonville,  FL  32256
- 25,514 students | 10.40 Mi501 W State St
Jacksonville,  FL  32202
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.