Tel: (412) 261-4520
- Our mission at Duff's Business Institute is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena.
Everest Institute-Pittsburgh places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest Institute-Pittsburgh||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||526 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||424 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||102 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,600||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Duff´s Business Institute has a long-standing history of providing quality, relevant education to students. It is nationally recognized as the oldest business school in the country, offering superior skills and training since its inception. Peter Duff, a thirty-seven-year-old Scotsman, ventured into the city on his way to rebuild his molasses business in New Orleans. Known for his knowledge and proficiency, Duff provided accounting education to the local townspeople. As the number of students rapidly increased, Duff dedicated his efforts to providing business training on a full-time basis. In 1851, a perpetual charter was granted by the Pennsylvania legislature, enabling Duff´s Mercantile College to become the first business college in the United States. The college has been known as Duff's Mercantile College, The Pioneer Business College in America, Iron City Commercial College, Duff's Iron City College, and Duff's Business Institute. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. Here at our campus, we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. The college offers programs in Accounting, Administrative Secretary, Business Administration, Career Access Program, Criminal Justice, Legal Administrative Secretary, Medical Administrative Secretary, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Billing/Coding, Paralegal, Patient Care Technician and Pharmacy Technician. The college provides a positive learning environment, offering small class sizes, experienced faculty members, and placement assistance. We want to provide you with well-rounded knowledge and experience in your chosen field of study. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas and associate degrees.
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Pittsburgh is Vet Tech Institute (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 372 students | 0.30 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh,  PA  15222
(412) 391-7021 0.30372
- 114 students | 0.40 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
(412) 281-2600 0.40114
- 413 students | 0.50 Mi125 West Station Square Drive, Suite 129
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
(412) 391-6710 0.50413
- 17,153 students | 1.00 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
(412) 323-2323 1.0017,153
- n/a students | 1.50 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
(412) 359-1000 1.50n/a
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.