Everest Institute-Cross Lanes
- Our mission at National Institute of Technology (NIT) is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The institute thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest Institute-Cross Lanes||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||63 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||63 students||435 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$23,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,318|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,021|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cross Lanes campus thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students. National Institute of Technology in Cross Lanes, West Virginia, started as a member of United Electronics Institute in 1968. National Education Corporation acquired the school in 1981 and the name was subsequently changed to National Education Center - National Institute of Technology Campus. Corinthian Schools, Inc. (CSi) acquired the campus in 1995 and called it National Institute of Technology. Corinthian Schools, Inc. is a division of Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi). Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is one of the largest postsecondary school organizations in the United States, operating more than 80 colleges and institutions across the country. The spacious facility has large classrooms designed for theory and laboratory instruction, administrative offices, a library containing reference and reading materials related to the academic programs, Internet access, and a large study area. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,573 students | 3.00 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 129 students | 9.80 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 259 students | 15.40 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
- 1,162 students | 30.10 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 2,026 students | 34.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.