Everest Institute-Cross Lanes
- Our mission at National Institute of Technology (NIT) is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The institute thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest Institute-Cross Lanes||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||7|
|Total Enrollment||63 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||63 students||435 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$25,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$11,788|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,750|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cross Lanes campus thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students. National Institute of Technology in Cross Lanes, West Virginia, started as a member of United Electronics Institute in 1968. National Education Corporation acquired the school in 1981 and the name was subsequently changed to National Education Center - National Institute of Technology Campus. Corinthian Schools, Inc. (CSi) acquired the campus in 1995 and called it National Institute of Technology. Corinthian Schools, Inc. is a division of Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi). Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is one of the largest postsecondary school organizations in the United States, operating more than 80 colleges and institutions across the country. The spacious facility has large classrooms designed for theory and laboratory instruction, administrative offices, a library containing reference and reading materials related to the academic programs, Internet access, and a large study area. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Cross Lanes is Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,573 students | 3.00 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
- 129 students | 9.80 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
- 259 students | 15.40 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
- 1,162 students | 30.10 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
- 2,026 students | 34.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.