Everest Institute-Cross Lanes
Tel: (304) 776-6290
- Our mission at National Institute of Technology (NIT) is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The institute thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest Institute-Cross Lanes||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||7|
|Total Enrollment||63 students||1,060 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||63 students||435 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,200||$25,000|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$11,788|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$4,750|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Cross Lanes campus thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students. National Institute of Technology in Cross Lanes, West Virginia, started as a member of United Electronics Institute in 1968. National Education Corporation acquired the school in 1981 and the name was subsequently changed to National Education Center - National Institute of Technology Campus. Corinthian Schools, Inc. (CSi) acquired the campus in 1995 and called it National Institute of Technology. Corinthian Schools, Inc. is a division of Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (CCi). Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is one of the largest postsecondary school organizations in the United States, operating more than 80 colleges and institutions across the country. The spacious facility has large classrooms designed for theory and laboratory instruction, administrative offices, a library containing reference and reading materials related to the academic programs, Internet access, and a large study area. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Everest Institute-Cross Lanes is Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College (6.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,573 students | 6.90 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston,  WV  25303
(304) 205-6600 6.901,573
- 129 students | 9.90 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston,  WV  25301
(304) 345-2820 9.90129
- 259 students | 15.40 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston,  WV  25306
(304) 348-1965 15.40259
- 1,162 students | 30.10 Mi619 2nd Avenue
Montgomery,  WV  25136
(304) 734-6601 30.101,162
- 2,026 students | 33.90 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
(866) 710-3140 33.902,026
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.