Everest College-West Los Angeles
Tel: (310) 840-5777
- Our mission is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The institute thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest College-West Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||340 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||283 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||57 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Everest College first opened its doors in 1962 as the Los Angeles Colleges of Medical and Dental Assistants. The National Education Corporation obtained the schools in 1975 and subsequently changed the name to National Education Center - Everest College. The West Los Angeles campus of Everest College was originally founded as Nova Institute of Health Technology. Nova Institute started in 1987 as a branch of Educorp Career College, which has been in operation since 1969. The school became a free- standing institution in 1990. Corinthian Schools, Inc. (CSi) acquired Nova Institute in 2000 and changed its name to Everest College. The West Los Angeles campus is housed in a building that occupies more than 20,000 square feet of space. The school includes computer laboratories, classrooms, multimedia audio/video studios, administrative offices, a student lounge, a library with Internet access, a testing room, and an on-site clinic including x-ray and ultrasound rooms. Programs Offered at West Los Angeles Campus includes Business Management / Administrative Assistant, Dental Assisting, Massage Therapy, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing/Coding, Medical Office Management and Pharmacy Technician.
- The nearest community college to Everest College-West Los Angeles is West Los Angeles College (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 16,000 students | 2.00 Mi9000 Overland Avenue
Culver City,  CA  90230
(310) 287-4200 2.0016,000
- 306 students | 2.50 Mi6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles,  CA  90048
(323) 966-5444 2.50306
- 30,158 students | 4.70 Mi1900 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica,  CA  90405
(310) 434-4000 4.7030,158
- 280 students | 5.10 Mi1336 N La Brea
Los Angeles,  CA  90028
(323) 464-2777 5.10280
- 411 students | 5.20 Mi3699 Wilshire Blvd., Fourth Floor
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
(323) 937-7772 5.20411
Learn about movements around the country to make community college courses tuition-free for qualifying students.
Learn how online courses broaden the options of a community college education.
Community college is not just for young adults; learn how your kids can take advantage of learning opportunities offered at your local community college campus.