Everest College-Salt Lake City
- Mission of the Mountain West College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest College-Salt Lake City||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||72:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||156 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||61 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,100||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Everest College offers opportunity and promise to its students by providing quality education in several business-related disciplines. The college was founded in 1982 as Mountainwest Computer School. It was purchased in 1983 and named Mountainwest College of Business and Technology. The college offers Diploma and Associate Degree programs in several disciplines including both day and evening classes, with the most recent addition of Medical Assisting training. The school offers comprehensive programs in the business, administrative, medical, computer, and legal fields. Programs are offered in Accounting, Business, Business Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Massage Therapy, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing/Coding, Paralegal, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technologist and Travel and Tourism. Everest College - Salt Lake City is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award academic associate's degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to Everest College-Salt Lake City is Salt Lake Community College (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 30,248 students | 2.30 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 205 students | 4.70 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 371 students | 5.20 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
- 219 students | 6.20 Mi1902 W 7800 S
West Jordan,  UT  84088
- 1,995 students | 6.30 Mi95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City,  UT  84101
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.