Everest College-Salt Lake City
- Mission of the Mountain West College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest College-Salt Lake City||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||3 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||72:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||156 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||61 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,100||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Everest College offers opportunity and promise to its students by providing quality education in several business-related disciplines. The college was founded in 1982 as Mountainwest Computer School. It was purchased in 1983 and named Mountainwest College of Business and Technology. The college offers Diploma and Associate Degree programs in several disciplines including both day and evening classes, with the most recent addition of Medical Assisting training. The school offers comprehensive programs in the business, administrative, medical, computer, and legal fields. Programs are offered in Accounting, Business, Business Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Massage Therapy, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing/Coding, Paralegal, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technologist and Travel and Tourism. Everest College - Salt Lake City is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award academic associate's degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to Everest College-Salt Lake City is Salt Lake Community College (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 30,248 students | 2.50 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 205 students | 4.80 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 371 students | 5.20 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
- 1,995 students | 6.20 Mi95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City,  UT  84101
- 219 students | 6.30 Mi1902 W 7800 S
West Jordan,  UT  84088
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.