- Our mission is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The Portland campus thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest College-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||10 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||161 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||58 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||103 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Portland campus of Everest College was established in 1955. A leader right from the start, we are proud to have been the first college in Oregon to offer data processing skills as well as hands-on classroom training with actual computer equipment. In late 2005, the campus changed its name from Western Business College. This change reflected the diverse selection of fields offered beyond Business including Medical, Criminal Justice, and Travel. Some notable features of the Portland campus include small class sizes that average from 20 to 25 students, access to the Multnomah County Library, reference library and an extensive laSw library. Usage of available Internet connections, access to 23 high-tech classrooms and a spacious student lounge, which are housed in a six-story building with 26,000 square feet of space. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas and occupational associate's degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Everest College-Portland is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 452 students | 0.30 Mi600 SW 10th Avenue, Suite 500
Portland,  OR  97205
- 100 students | 1.30 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Floor
Portland,  OR  97232
- 804 students | 1.50 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
- 30,929 students | 6.20 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
- 10,911 students | 8.20 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.