Tel: (702) 567-1920
- Mission of Las Vegas College is to provide men and women of all ages with the practical skills, education and training needed to excel in their chosen fields. The college thus provides an invaluable and timely service to society by preparing candidates to meet and exceed existing needs in the employment arena. We are totally committed to this objective and to the success of our students.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Everest College-Henderson||(NV) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||800 students||3,024 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1||37:1|
|# Full-Time Students||595 students||919 students|
|# Part-Time Students||205 students||2,105 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,500||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Las Vegas College was founded by Betty Krolak in 1979 under the name Krolak Business Institute. Barbara A. and E. T. Paulus purchased the Institute in December of 1980 and incorporated it under the name of TO-Ba Corporation. The Institute was granted a license to award Associate degrees on January 7, 1986, and the Institute´s name was changed to Las Vegas Business College. The college was acquired by Rhodes Colleges, Inc. on October 17, 1996. At that time, the name of the institution was changed to Las Vegas College. To better accomodate the needs of the students and community, Las Vegas College added the Henderson, NV campus in addition to its Las Vegas location. In 2005, the Las Vegas Campus merged with the Henderson campus. Our programs emphasize real-world training that is tailored to meet the needs of potential employers. The fields of study focus on industries that offer solid, long-term career opportunities for graduates. Here at our campus, we maintain a well-defined program philosophy of providing a quality education that emphasizes practical skills; employ a highly skilled and dedicated faculty; and cater to students seeking a strong knowledge base and the experience needed to succeed in their chosen fields. Las Vegas College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award occupational associate's degrees and diplomas.
- The nearest community college to Everest College-Henderson is Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas (6.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 988 students | 6.20 Mi3333 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89121
(702) 458-9650 6.20988
- 31,023 students | 13.40 Mi6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas,  NV  89146
(702) 651-5000 13.4031,023
- 587 students | 18.20 Mi1451 Center Crossing Road
Las Vegas,  NV  89144
(702) 365-7690 18.20587
- 4,744 students | 77.90 Mi1971 Jagerson Ave
Kingman,  AZ  86409
(928) 757-4331 77.904,744
- 8,570 students | 110.30 Mi225 S 700 E
Saint George,  UT  84770
(435) 652-7500 110.308,570
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.