Everest College-Arlington (Arlington - 22203) (Closed 2013)
- At the Everest College campus in Arlington, Va., students have the benefit that not every educational organization can boast. At the hands-on training provided by our dedicated instructors through real-world experience, our students can learn from the professionals in the industry and at a much faster pace than you’ll think. The campus has several student groups that work closely to enrich the student experience at Everest. The Student Government Association (SGA) and the Student Ignite Ambassadors are such top groups. Other quarterly activities include Honor Award Ceremonies, class field trips, student and staff picnics, and annual clothing and food drives. Students work in small teams to foster group discussions, as well as specialized attention and one-on-one opportunities for students. Tutoring hours are scheduled by the faculty with daily offerings, both before and after class times. There are four personal computer labs, and two medical labs. Everest College – Arlington campus was founded in 2001 as Parks College and was acquired by Corinthian Colleges, Inc., in 2006. It is located within 10 minutes from the Nation's Capitol and provides a variety of activities for students – from restaurants, monuments, sports arenas, family parks, and many historic sites throughout the city that attracts a diverse multicultural population.
|Everest College-Arlington (Arlington - 22203)||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,900||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||100%||86%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2013)||$9,500||$9,600|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2013)||$4,750||$4,750|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2011)||64%||75%|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everest College-Arlington (Arlington - 22203) is Medtech Institute (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,371 students | 2.20 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
- 2,849 students | 6.10 Mi7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church,  VA  22043
- 428 students | 6.70 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031
- 51,487 students | 7.70 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 78 students | 10.60 Mi10500 georgia ave
Silver Spring,  MD  20902
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.