- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ENMU-Ruidoso||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||895 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||235 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||660 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,300||$34,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ENMU-Ruidoso Branch is a comprehensive two-year college offering Certificates of Completion, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts, and Associate of Applied Science degrees. The ENMU-Ruidoso Branch also offers community education classes, customized training workshops, adult basic education courses, and operates a One-Stop Career Center providing free employment services for employers and those seeking career information. Established in 1991, the Ruidoso Off-Campus Instruction Center offered Lincoln County residents access to two-year college academic and vocational curriculum. In July 2005 the Ruidoso Campus became the 18th two-year college in New Mexico and was created as a Branch of ENMU. Undergraduate and graduate course work completed at the ENMU-Ruidoso Branch campus is fully transferable to ENMU-Portales. The offices of the Ruidoso Branch Community College contain the college's general offices, including Admissions and Records, Business, Financial Aid, Library Services, the College Bookstore, Instructional Television (ITV) classrooms and a computer lab for students. Classroom, computer lab and library facilities are used in a variety of public and private buildings, throughout Lincoln and Otero Counties. All the buildings provide barrier-free access to individuals confined to wheelchairs or with limited physical movement. Eastern New Mexico University, through its Ruidoso Campus, is authorized to award the associate of arts degree (A.A.), the associate of science (A.S.), the associate of applied science degree (A.A.S.), and the certificate of completion. Programs of study which lead to an associate's degree require a minimum of 64 hours of credit.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to ENMU-Ruidoso is New Mexico State University-Alamogordo (32.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,095 students | 32.80 Mi2400 North Scenic Drive
Alamogordo,  NM  88310
- 3,303 students | 66.60 Mi52 University Blvd
Roswell,  NM  88202
- 470 students | 66.70 Mi101 W. College Blvd.
Roswell,  NM  88201
- 8,340 students | 92.20 Mi2800 Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
Las Cruces,  NM  88011
- 1,852 students | 103.00 Mi1500 University Dr
Carlsbad,  NM  88220
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.