Empire College School of Business
- Empire College, located in Santa Rosa, California, is just one hour north of the San Francisco Bay Area in the heart of the wine-growing region of Sonoma County. On January 4, 2000, Empire opened the doors of its new 55,000 sq. ft. campus, which also houses two Sonoma County Superior Courts, at 3035 Cleveland Avenue in Santa Rosa.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 42% over five years.
|Empire College School of Business||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||24||10|
|Total Enrollment||417 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||409 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$34,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||76%||80%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$16,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,355||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since it was founded in 1961, the School of Business has dedicated its resources to providing quality career education that gives graduates an advantage in the job market. Over the past five years, Empire graduates have been placed in over 1500 companies, earning a combined income of more than $200,000,000! For the past 33 years, Empire College School of Law has been providing a rigorous and quality evening Juris Doctor education for students wishing to pursue a career in the field of law. We are very proud of the accomplishments of our graduates including members of the judiciary in Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, and Merced Counties. The college offers total of 25 career training programs, including five Specialized Associate Degree programs in Accounting, Administrative Specialist, Computer/Information Technology, Medical Assistant, and Legal Assistant. In addition, Empire College works with rehabilitation specialists and injured workers to customize programs under California's Workers Compensation training voucher system. Information Technology, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing, Legal Assisting/Paralegal, Legal Secretary, Accounting Essentials, Computerized Business Skills, and Hospitality programs are offered in the evening. In addition, for those wanting a class on a particular software package, individual computer classes in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and more are offered at night. The School of Business is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). In addition, the college is both a Microsoft IT Academy and a Security Certified Program Training Partner.
- The nearest community college to Empire College School of Business is Santa Rosa Junior College (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,144 students | 1.10 Mi1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa,  CA  95401
- 6,348 students | 27.90 Mi2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy
Napa,  CA  94558
- 9,824 students | 36.60 Mi4000 Suisun Valley Rd
Fairfield,  CA  94534
- 5,500 students | 37.00 Mi835 College Ave
Greenbrae,  CA  94904
- 6,697 students | 40.50 Mi2600 Mission Bell Dr
San Pablo,  CA  94806
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.