Edmonds Community College
Edmonds Community College Photo #2 - Snoqualmie Hall is Edmonds Community College's shared building with Central Washington University. Students may complete bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Elementary Education, Food Service Management, Information Technology and Administrative Management, Law and Justice, Mathematics: Teaching Secondary and Safety and Health Management.
Edmonds Community College Photo #3 - In 2008, Edmonds Community College awarded 1,734 degrees and certificates.
Edmonds Community College Photo #4 - The college is known for its outstanding music programs including its award-winning jazz choirs and jazz band and digital music program. The college also has its own state-of-the-art recording studio.
Edmonds Community College Photo #5 - The college has career training programs in Clinical Lab Assistant, Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician, Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Medical Information Technology, Nurse Assistant, Patient Care Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician and Practical Nursing (LPN). It also offers an Associate in Pre-Nursing degree which prepares students to transfer directly to a school of nursing for a bachelor of science in nursing.
Edmonds Community College Photo #6 - Students at Edmonds Community College join a community of learners and gain access to many student support services included with tuition. The college offers a number of grants, scholarships and kinds of assistance for students.
Edmonds Community College Photo #7 - Edmonds Community College offers Associate of Science degrees with areas of emphasis in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology and Earth Science, Physics, Computer Science, General Pre- Engineering, and the Pre-Engineering areas of Bioengineering: Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, and Materials Science.
Edmonds Community College Photo #8 - At Edmonds Community College students can take more than 150 classes online – and they can earn many degrees or certificates completely online.
Edmonds Community College Photo #9 - Edmonds Community College offers a unique Chemical Laboratory Technician program, ChemCore. It prepares students for employment as technicians in a chemistry laboratory, as well as for continuing education. Working closely with an advisor, students may earn a university transfer degree such as the Associate of Science simultaneously.
- Edmonds Community College is a leader in providing quality opportunities for learning and service, responding to the dynamic needs of our diverse community.
Edmonds Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 243 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Edmonds Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||243 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,993 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,120 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,873 students||2,110 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||180||140|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,600||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- More than 11,000 students take courses for credit toward a certificate or degree at Edmonds Community College. Over 43 percent of these students plan to transfer to a four-year college or university; over 31 percent work toward career program degrees; about 3 percent are undecided; and other take courses for enrichment, for workplace skills, and for GED, basic skills, and family education. More than 62 percent of students in credit courses are part-time students who combine college with work and with family. Career Programs Offered at Edmonds Community College includes Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, International Business, Chemistry Laboratory Technician, Construction Management, Culinary Arts, Fashion Merchandising and Design, Horticulture, Business Information Technology, Paralegal, Hospitality and Tourism, Computers, Electronics and Networks, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, E-Commerce, High-Tech Certification, Visual Communication and Multimedia, Early Childhood Education, Family Life Education, Fire Command Administration and Social and Human Services. The College campus covers 50-acre in Lynnwood, 15 miles north of Seattle. Edmonds Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.
- The nearest community college to Edmonds Community College is Shoreline Community College (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,015 students | 5.00 Mi16101 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle,  WA  98133
- 2,759 students | 7.30 Mi18345 Campus Way NE
Bothell,  WA  98011
- 410 students | 8.10 Mi906 SE Everett Mall Way, Ste 600
Everett,  WA  98208
- 6,493 students | 8.10 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
- 760 students | 8.10 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.