Duluth Business University
- DBU’s mission is to empower students with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the entry-level requirements for employment and to provide general education courses to increase students’ career opportunities.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Duluth Business University||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||143 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||74 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||69 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,900||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since Duluth Business University opened in 1891, the privately owned and operated school has always called Duluth home. For over 100 years, DBU has maintained a clear focus on career specific training. To meet the ever-changing needs of employers, DBU has, in recent years, added allied health and technical computer training programs to their curriculum. DBU debuted their new campus in April of 2003. This 27,000 square foot facility was built specifically to better serve DBU's students and allow for future expansion. Duluth Business University has been preparing students just like you for rewarding and challenging careers for more than 100 years. We have a legacy of providing excellent training to help students advance in their chosen careers. Through flexible class scheduling, a comprehensive curriculum, and instructors dedicated to providing quality education, DBU continues to graduate top students in the health, business, animal science and graphic design media fields. A cooperative agreement exists between Duluth Business University and Touro University International. DBU graduates are able to transfer from DBU upon the award of the Associate's degree to the appropriate Bachelor's degree program at TUI. Specifically: students with the DBU Associate's degree in Business Administration, Billing and Coding and Graphic Design will be able to transfer into the TUI Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Professional Degree Completion program. Students with the DBU Associate's degree in Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Specialist, and Veterinary Technology will be able to transfer into the TUI Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, Professional Degree Completion program. DBU is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Diplomas and Associate in Applied Science Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Duluth Business University is Lake Superior College (3.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,101 students | 3.00 Mi2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN  55811
- 1,373 students | 53.90 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,373 students | 57.10 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,302 students | 59.20 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 3,045 students | 69.60 Mi505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake,  WI  54871
Learn how community college can be a great start for becoming a scientist or engineer.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.