Davis Applied Technology College
- Davis Applied Technology College (formerly Davis Area Vocational Center) was created by an act of the 1978 Utah State Legislature to serve the residents of Davis and Morgan Counties with technical training. In June 2001, a special session of the Legislature passed House Bill 1003 creating the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT), the state's 10th newest institution of higher education. There are eight applied technology campuses: Bridgerland, Davis, Dixie, Mountainland, Ogden-Weber, Tooele, Southwest, and Uintah Basin. We are a trusted learning community embracing technical education to promote economic growth and student development. Our vision is recognition regionally, nationally and internationally for our unique approach and significant contributions in technical training, educational advancement and economic development. We value students, faculty and staff as individuals and empower them through respect and equitable treatment. We celebrate personal, cultural and ethnic diversity. We take pride in cost-effective training and flexible scheduling that allows students to prepare for careers or update skills. We promote career and educational pathways by providing hands-on, competency-based training. Our curriculum reflects the most recent technological and theoretical development to meet employer and student needs.
- The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Davis Applied Technology College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||34 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||30||29|
|Total Enrollment||3,345 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||542 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,803 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,600||$32,700|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||56%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Davis Applied Technology College is Eagle Gate College-Layton (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 217 students | 3.90 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
- 126 students | 4.00 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
- 529 students | 6.00 Mi300 N. Coit Road, Suite 300
Richardson,  TX  75080
- 205 students | 14.70 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
Ogden,  UT  84401
- 2,615 students | 16.30 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.