Davis Applied Technology College
Tel: (801) 593-2500
- Davis Applied Technology College (formerly Davis Area Vocational Center) was created by an act of the 1978 Utah State Legislature to serve the residents of Davis and Morgan Counties with technical training. In June 2001, a special session of the Legislature passed House Bill 1003 creating the Utah College of Applied Technology (UCAT), the state's 10th newest institution of higher education. There are eight applied technology campuses: Bridgerland, Davis, Dixie, Mountainland, Ogden-Weber, Tooele, Southwest, and Uintah Basin. We are a trusted learning community embracing technical education to promote economic growth and student development. Our vision is recognition regionally, nationally and internationally for our unique approach and significant contributions in technical training, educational advancement and economic development. We value students, faculty and staff as individuals and empower them through respect and equitable treatment. We celebrate personal, cultural and ethnic diversity. We take pride in cost-effective training and flexible scheduling that allows students to prepare for careers or update skills. We promote career and educational pathways by providing hands-on, competency-based training. Our curriculum reflects the most recent technological and theoretical development to meet employer and student needs.
- The teacher population of 138 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Davis Applied Technology College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||138 staff||34 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||30||29|
|Total Enrollment||3,345 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||542 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,803 students||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,600||$32,700|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||56%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Davis Applied Technology College is Broadview University-Layton (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 126 students | 4.00 Mi869 West Hill Field Road
Layton,  UT  84041
(801) 498-6300 4.00126
- 262 students | 4.00 Mi915 N 400 W
Layton,  UT  84041
(801) 546-7500 4.00262
- 205 students | 10.60 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
Ogden,  UT  84401
(801) 622-1567 10.60205
- 2,615 students | 16.40 Mi200 N Washington Blvd
Ogden,  UT  84404
(801) 627-8300 16.402,615
- 1,995 students | 17.90 Mi95 North 300 West
Salt Lake City,  UT  84101
(801) 524-8100 17.901,995
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.