Crouse Hospital College of Nursing
- As your community partner in healthcare, Crouse Hospital has been caring for generations of families for more than a century. We offer a full range of general and specialty care, inpatient and outpatient services and community health education and outreach programs.
Crouse Hospital College of Nursing places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Crouse Hospital College of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||345 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||121 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||224 students||538 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$51,900||$35,200|
- Crouse Irving Hospital, destined to merge with Syracuse Memorial, was founded by a group of physicians and investors under the leadership of Dr. William L. Wallace in 1912. The building was designed so that if the hospital venture was not successful, the building could be used as a hotel. However, the hospital was needed to care for the growing city population and was efficiently and successfully managed. In 1913, the Crouse Irving Hospital School of Nursing was founded. In June 1996, a new name and updated graphic identity were announced, changing Crouse Irving Memorial Hospital to Crouse Hospital. The Crouse Hospital School of Nursing laboratory is very spacious with a six bed practice area and a self contained classroom. The equipment and supplies are modern and realistic so that students can familiarize themselves with nursing procedures, techniques and equipment. The lab is staffed by clinically expert nursing faculty who offer supportive guidance to the students in a learning environment. All Crouse Hospital nursing students enjoy privileges at the SUNY Upstate Medical University Campus Activities Building, a hub of student recreational activity for the SUNY and Crouse campuses. Facilities include a gym, pool, sauna, exercise equipment, tennis courts, squash courts, pool tables, pinball machines, TV lounge, bookstore and coffee shops Crouse Hospital School of Nursing is registered by the New York State Education Department, which is the administrative arm of the Board of Regents. This Board is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national accrediting body for nursing education programs.
- The nearest community college to Crouse Hospital College of Nursing is St Joseph's College of Nursing at St Joseph's Hospital Health Center (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 317 students | 1.20 Mi206 Prospect Ave
Syracuse,  NY  13203
- 516 students | 1.30 Mi953 James St
Syracuse,  NY  13203
- 12,271 students | 3.80 Mi4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse,  NY  13215
- 472 students | 11.50 Mi8687 Carling Rd
Liverpool,  NY  13090
- 1,091 students | 16.10 Mi22 Sullivan St
Cazenovia,  NY  13035