Creative Center, college of art & design
- Creative Center students earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design in only three years. Utilizing art-specialized education and classes five days per week, students complete more credit hours per semester.In short, Creative Center students can graduate and be employed in a job they love - sooner.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Creative Center, college of art & design||(NE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||18 staff|
|Total Enrollment||55 students||1,356 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||384 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||972 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,400||$36,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,500||$15,625|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$10,750||$6,334|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Enrollment and Acceptance Steps: The Creative Center accepts applications from students who attend public, private, or homeschool high school venues. In order to enroll, students must have or be on track to receive their high school diploma or its equivalent. Students can be conditionally accepted with an in-progress high school transcript, however, in order to be fully accepted, an official high school transcript or its equivalent must be filed at the Creative Center. The enrollee is responsible for providing the final, official high school transcript.
- Step 1: Enrollment Procedure: To reserve a place at the Creative Center, the prospective student must visit the campus. During the campus visit: 1) An Admissions Coordinator will conduct a one-time personal interview to explain the enrollment process and eligibility. 2) We will tour the campus. (NOTE: All applicants under the age of 24 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the interview and tour.) 3) When students enroll they must complete an enrollment agreement and application form, and provide a $200 enrollment fee and a $100 application fee. (NOTE: If accepted, the Application Fee is non-refundable, and the $200 Enrollment Fee will be applied to the tuition. The full $300 is refunded if the student is denied acceptance.) NOTE: At this time the student must decide whether to enroll into the AOS or both the AOS and BFA programs. If the student chooses to enroll into the BFA program at a later date, an additional enrollment fee will take effect, however, an application or portfolio will not be required.
- Step 2: Acceptance Procedure: After enrolling, prospective students must submit the following four (4) items to the Creative Center for acceptance: 1) A Portfolio (see Portfolio Requirements, page 17, for details). 2) A one-page letter explaining why the student wishes to attend the Creative Center. 3) A letter of recommendation, preferably from a high school art teacher. 4) A final, official, high school transcript or GED results. (A current high school transcript can be submitted if the student is still attending.) NOTE: Students who provide GED results may also be asked to provide an official high school transcript.
- Step 3: Acceptance and Scholarship Notification: After the acceptance committee has reviewed the application, they will determine if the student can be accepted. Students who have submitted a final, official transcript are eligible for acceptance. Students who have submitted a current transcript and are still attending high school are eligible for conditional acceptance. Once accepted (in either capacity) the student will receive an acceptance packet by mail. At this time the student will also be notified of any scholarships from the Creative Center. Students who are conditionally accepted must submit a final, official transcript to the Creative Center before they will be accepted and allowed to attend classes. NOTE: The full $300 is refunded if for any reason a student is denied acceptance.
- Step 4: Financial Aid: Once the Creative Center has mailed the acceptance packet, students and their parents/guardians must call the Financial Aid Office to make an appointment. The Financial Aid Office will provide a list of certain items to be brought to this meeting. Please bring the information pertaining to the parent(s)/guardian with whom the student lived most during the previous calendar year.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 720 students | 1.30 Mi5425 N. 103rd St.
Omaha,  NE  68134
- 22 students | 4.50 Mi7500 Mercy Road
Omaha,  NE  68124
- 145 students | 5.10 Mi11818 I Street
Omaha,  NE  68137
- 104 students | 6.10 Mi9748 Park Drive
Omaha,  NE  68127
- 146 students | 6.10 Mi9748 Park Dr
Omaha,  NE  68127
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!