Corning Community College
- Corning Community College offers an extensive yet affordable range of educational, cultural, and social opportunities to a diverse population of full-time and part-time learners. We focus on student achievement by stressing quality teaching and personal attention. Our emphasis on high standards of quality and technological advancement provides a flexible learning environment in which students are prepared for a life of service to their professions and their communities in a globally interdependent society. We promote intellectual and personal growth, meet the educational needs of the community through transfer, career, certificate, and training programs, and enhance economic development.
- The teacher population of 140 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Corning Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||140 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,520 students||1,701 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,114 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,406 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||320||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1956 by the Corning-Painted Post School District, CCC began modestly in a scattering of old buildings in the city of Corning. Today, we encompass a 550-acre main campus on Spencer Hill with a complex of eight buildings plus an observatory and planetarium. We've also expanded our vision to provide services at a variety of off-campus sites throughout Steuben, Chemung and Schuyler counties. Students from age 16 to 70 attend CCC and take courses in 48 different degree and certificate programs leading to careers or transfer to further education. Many doctors, engineers, lawyers, nurses, business people, teachers, technologists and even an astronaut have begun at CCC. Currently, approximately 3,300 full-time equivalent (FTE) students are enrolled, representing 5,000-6,000 students taking our fully accredited credit offerings. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college, enhance your current job skills, or begin a career Corning Community College is the smart choice. CCC provides an excellent educational foundation at an affordable price, and students may attend on either a full-time or part-time basis, depending on individual need. Our unique programs, comfortable learning environment, and dedicated faculty and student support staff create a campus community that enhances the learning experience for each student.
- The nearest community college to Corning Community College is Elmira Business Institute (13.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 13.70 Mi303 North Main Street
Elmira,  NY  14901
- 3,661 students | 38.00 Mi10 Upper College Drive
Alfred,  NY  14802
- 5,559 students | 48.40 Mi170 North St
Dryden,  NY  13053
- 6,793 students | 52.60 Mi3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua,  NY  14424
- 6,924 students | 59.90 Mi907 Upper Front St
Binghamton,  NY  13905
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.