Columbia College (Sonora)
- Consistent with the mission of the California Community Colleges and the Yosemite Community College District, Columbia College is committed to offering a comprehensive range of transfer, vocational, cultural, and community education, and to facilitating community and economic development. The College provides educational programs and support services to assist students and the broader community in gaining access to higher education and achieving success in their chosen endeavors.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Columbia College (Sonora)||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,397 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||755 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,642 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on 280 acres of forestland in California's historic Mother Lode, our college campus surrounds a peaceful 4½ acre lake and has been described as one of the state's most beautiful community colleges. The College actively promotes transformational learning through critical and creative thinking that is open to change and personal growth; civic, environmental, and global awareness and engagement; and individual and collective responsibility. At the heart of our mission is a desire to develop a zest for lifelong learning throughout the community, with the College serving as its educational and cultural center. Columbia College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Career Center, located within the Manzanita Building adjacent to the Counseling area, offers materials and services to assist students with career information. The Center maintains a variety of resources including occupational publications, newsletters, college catalogs, and Eureka, a computerized vocational/educational information system. The Columbia College professional counseling staff provide essential academic advising, career counseling and life planning activities to continuing, new and returning students in order to enhance each students educational experience at Columbia.
- The nearest community college to Columbia College (Sonora) is Modesto Junior College (42.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,262 students | 42.90 Mi435 College Ave
Modesto,  CA  95350
- 429 students | 44.00 Mi5172 Kiernan Court
Salida,  CA  95368
- n/a students | 44.20 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida,  CA  95368
- 10,214 students | 48.10 Mi3600 M St
Merced,  CA  95348
- 1,025 students | 49.10 Mi1605 E March Ln
Stockton,  CA  95210
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.