College of the Ouachitas
- As a growing two-year college, OTC provides excellent and affordable programs to suit every interest and need. Our curriculum includes career training, continuing education, transfer options, and custom-designed training for business and industry.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of the Ouachitas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||54 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,444 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||518 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||926 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- OTC's hassle-free registration, computer and learning labs, "hands-on" learning, caring faculty, and staff; career, academic, personal counseling; basic skills instruction, and free tutoring, are offered to help you succeed. Whether you want to prepare for a new career with a degree or certificate, to get the basics to transfer to a university, to upgrade your skills, to complete your GED, to get customized training for your employees, or to just learn to send e-mail to family and friends, OTC has a credit and/or non-credit course or program for you. Ouachita Technical College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to College of the Ouachitas is National Park Community College (14.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,001 students | 14.90 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
- 180 students | 46.50 Mi19 Remington Dr.
Little Rock,  AR  72204
- 1,559 students | 51.40 Mi6415 Spellman Road
Camden,  AR  71701
- 899 students | 52.70 Mi1621 Dr. Martin Luther King Drive
Little Rock,  AR  72202
- 9,241 students | 54.30 Mi3000 W Scenic Dr
North Little Rock,  AR  72118
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.