Carrington College-San Leandro
- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-San Leandro||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||10||10|
|Total Enrollment||509 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||461 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||48 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,218||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,700||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College has 8 convenient campus locations in Northern California. WCC campus are located at Antioch, Citrus, Heights, Pleasant Hill, Sacramento, Stockton, Emeryville, San Leandro and San Jose. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice. Programs offered at San Leandro campus includes Medical (Medical Assisting, Health Information Technology, Medical Billing, Vocational Nursing and Massage Therapy), Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Technology and Veterinary Technology. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,047 students | 4.40 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward,  CA  94545
- 6,574 students | 6.70 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland,  CA  94619
- 10,548 students | 9.90 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland,  CA  94607
- 5,712 students | 10.10 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda,  CA  94501
- 6,321 students | 14.10 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley,  CA  94704
While dental procedures are typically expensive, preventative services at your local community college is very affordable - if not free! Learn about how you can get low cost dental services through your community college's dental hygienist training program.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.