Carrington College-San Leandro
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (510) 276-3888
- The mission of Western Career College is to provide education in the majors and disciplines of health, legal and technical fields of study, that lead to an Associate in Science Degree and/or a Certificate of Achievement. Western Career College is committed to a skills-based approach to education, and strives to identify and support the achievement of student-learning outcomes throughout its institution and learning community.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-San Leandro||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||149 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||48%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,247||$10,063|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,751|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training. Western Career College has 8 convenient campus locations in Northern California. WCC campus are located at Antioch, Citrus, Heights, Pleasant Hill, Sacramento, Stockton, Emeryville, San Leandro and San Jose. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice. Programs offered at San Leandro campus includes Medical (Medical Assisting, Health Information Technology, Medical Billing, Vocational Nursing and Massage Therapy), Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Technology and Veterinary Technology. Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,833 students | 4.20 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 4.2013,833
- 7,453 students | 6.60 Mi12500 Campus Dr
Oakland, CA 94619
(510) 531-4911 6.607,453
- 10,404 students | 9.80 Mi900 Fallon Sreet
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 834-5740 9.8010,404
- 6,389 students | 10.00 Mi555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pky
Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-7221 10.006,389
- 6,053 students | 14.10 Mi2050 Center Sreet
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 981-2800 14.106,053
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.