Career Training Academy-New Kensington
- Career Training Academy is an institution of specialized learning that leads to fulfilling high skilled jobs. Our mission for the Academy is to provide the educational environment that enhances not only the educational aspect but also a personal enrichment of all students via our involvement in community service.CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, careerta.edu/disclosuresCTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
|Career Training Academy-New Kensington||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||8|
|Total Enrollment||171 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||171 students||354 students|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.24||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The programs are housed within approximately 10,000 square feet of air conditioned space at the newly renovated main school in New Kensington, PA, and 4800 square feet at our branch location in Monroeville, PA, at the ExpoMart and 6131 square feet at out branch location in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA at the Northway Mall. The classrooms, laboratories and massage classrooms and Student Massage Center are completely equipped with the necessary medical and dental equipment and materials, along with all the necessary massage equipment and products essential for the training of highly skilled students. Career Training Academy provides short term training in Allied Health, Secretarial Science, and Massage Therapy careers. CTA is licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. Career Training Academy offers a variety of programs for the Health Care field. AST and ASB degree programs are available as well as diploma (under one year) programs in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant and Health Insurance Claims Examiner/Medical Biller.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 115 students | 8.60 Mi4314 Old William Penn Highway
Monroeville,  PA  15146
- 217 students | 11.40 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 83 students | 12.40 Mi1500 Shoppes at Northway
Pittsburgh,  PA  15237
- 114 students | 14.80 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- n/a students | 14.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.