Career Technical College-Monroe
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 57% over five years.
|Career Technical College-Monroe||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||623 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||428 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||195 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$22,900||$28,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Career Technical College-Monroe is Louisiana Delta Community College (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,081 students | 3.90 Mi7500 Millhaven Rd
Monroe,  LA  71203
- n/a students | 10.70 Mi609 Vocational Pky
West Monroe,  LA  71292
- 259 students | 20.20 Mi729 Kammell St
Bastrop,  LA  71221
- 128 students | 25.40 Mi605 W Boundary
Farmerville,  LA  71241
- n/a students | 33.30 Mi1710 Warren St
Winnsboro,  LA  71295
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.