Cambridge Institute of Health & Technology
- The mission of all Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology medical school is to provide its communities with learning opportunities that enables students to attain their educational health career goals and to develop an appreciation for professionalism and life-long learning. The Institute's mission is supported by the application of its values of integrity, diversity, mutual respect, and genuine caring regarding individuals' aspiration for self-actualization. Located in a Class A building on the campus of Delray Medical Center, this medical school consists of six (6) large classrooms, an x-ray laboratory for positioning, an ultrasound laboratory for training and extra help, a fully equipped practi cal nursing laboratory for practical nursing hands-on training, a library of case studies, reference books and audio-visual aids, which complement curriculum objectives, a break room, a reception area and ten (10) offices.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 183% over five years.
|Cambridge Institute of Health & Technology||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||37 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||10|
|Total Enrollment||210 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||202 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$20,000||$11,875|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,562||$6,334|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2011)||68%||75%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Cambridge Institute of Health & Technology is Everglades University (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,424 students | 3.40 Mi5002 T-Rex Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton,  FL  33431
- 203 students | 11.40 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 28,517 students | 12.50 Mi4200 Congress Ave
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
- 276 students | 13.80 Mi1630 South Congress Avenue, Suite 300
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
- 1,548 students | 14.20 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.