Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||222 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||222 students||1,360 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville opened its doors in 1995 as RETS Medical & Business Institute, a branch of RETS Institute of Technology, Louisville, Kentucky. In 2003, the parent corporation of RETS Medical & Business Institute was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in November 2004, RETS Medical & Business Institute changes its name to Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville. The College's spacious facility offers a modern, professional environment for study, comprising six classrooms, a medical laboratory, an electronics laboratory, and three networked computer laboratories, as well as an academic resource center and bookstore. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. At Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville, we offer an array of career-oriented programs leading to an associate's degree or diploma. Programs offered at Hopkinsville includes Accounting, Accounting Technology, Business, Business Management, Computer Programming & Applications, Computer Software Applications, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding and Billing for Healthcare, Medical Office Management, Paralegal and Paralegal Assistant. Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville is an accredited member of Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville is Hopkinsville Community College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,566 students | 3.40 Mi720 North Dr.
Hopkinsville,  KY  42240
- 102 students | 15.40 Mi168 Jack Miller Blvd
Clarksville,  TN  37042
- 513 students | 20.90 Mi2691 Trenton Road
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 404 students | 20.90 Mi1820 Business Park Dr
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 4,433 students | 36.60 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.