Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||222 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||222 students||1,360 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville opened its doors in 1995 as RETS Medical & Business Institute, a branch of RETS Institute of Technology, Louisville, Kentucky. In 2003, the parent corporation of RETS Medical & Business Institute was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in November 2004, RETS Medical & Business Institute changes its name to Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville. The College's spacious facility offers a modern, professional environment for study, comprising six classrooms, a medical laboratory, an electronics laboratory, and three networked computer laboratories, as well as an academic resource center and bookstore. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. At Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville, we offer an array of career-oriented programs leading to an associate's degree or diploma. Programs offered at Hopkinsville includes Accounting, Accounting Technology, Business, Business Management, Computer Programming & Applications, Computer Software Applications, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding and Billing for Healthcare, Medical Office Management, Paralegal and Paralegal Assistant. Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville is an accredited member of Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville is Hopkinsville Community College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,566 students | 3.40 Mi720 North Dr.
Hopkinsville,  KY  42240
- 102 students | 15.40 Mi168 Jack Miller Blvd
Clarksville,  TN  37042
- 513 students | 20.90 Mi2691 Trenton Road
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 404 students | 20.90 Mi1820 Business Park Dr
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 4,433 students | 36.60 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.