Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||6 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||222 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||222 students||1,360 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville opened its doors in 1995 as RETS Medical & Business Institute, a branch of RETS Institute of Technology, Louisville, Kentucky. In 2003, the parent corporation of RETS Medical & Business Institute was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in November 2004, RETS Medical & Business Institute changes its name to Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville. The College's spacious facility offers a modern, professional environment for study, comprising six classrooms, a medical laboratory, an electronics laboratory, and three networked computer laboratories, as well as an academic resource center and bookstore. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. At Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville, we offer an array of career-oriented programs leading to an associate's degree or diploma. Programs offered at Hopkinsville includes Accounting, Accounting Technology, Business, Business Management, Computer Programming & Applications, Computer Software Applications, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Medical Assistant, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding and Billing for Healthcare, Medical Office Management, Paralegal and Paralegal Assistant. Brown Mackie College ? Hopkinsville is an accredited member of Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Hopkinsville is Hopkinsville Community College (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,566 students | 3.40 Mi720 North Dr.
Hopkinsville,  KY  42240
- 102 students | 15.40 Mi168 Jack Miller Blvd
Clarksville,  TN  37042
- 513 students | 20.90 Mi2691 Trenton Road
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 404 students | 20.90 Mi1820 Business Park Dr
Clarksville,  TN  37040
- 4,433 students | 36.60 Mi2000 College Drive
Madisonville,  KY  42431
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.