BridgeValley Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 734-6601
- WVU Tech was founded as Montgomery Preparatory School in 1895. Throughout our more than 100 year history, we have graduated many alumni who have gone on to have vital and productive careers in engineering, technology, business and health care. And, our engineering graduates are typically among the highest paid in their fields. WVU Tech is known for its more than 40 excellent baccalaureate programs of study ï¿½ in engineering, sciences, mathematics, health care, business, humanities and social sciences. Our programs are housed in the College of Business, Humanities and Social Sciences, the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences, and the Department of Nursing. We pride ourselves on an outstanding and dedicated faculty who are committed to the welfare and education of each of our students. WVU Tech makes it possible for working adults to earn a baccalaureate degree through our Regentsï¿½ Bachelor of Arts program. Students in this program take traditional college courses and may earn college-equivalent credit for work and life experiences that can be equated to college courses. We also offer a large selection of on-line courses and programs that make distance learning an integral part of what we do! WVU Tech provides opportunities for an active and positive student life with over 30 clubs and organizations, a student newspaper, Greek life, intercollegiate athletics and intramurals for men and women, music, theater, on-campus entertainment, tutoring, career planning and counseling services. Outdoor enthusiasts will find numerous nearby recreational activities including; downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking and white water rafting.
The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|BridgeValley Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to BridgeValley Community and Technical College is Carver Career Center (14.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 170 students | 14.80 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 14.80170
- 126 students | 20.30 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 345-2820 20.30126
- 1,689 students | 23.40 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston, WV 25136
(304) 734-6600 23.401,689
- 117 students | 28.10 Mi120 New River Town Center
Beckley, WV 25801
(304) 252-9547 28.10117
- 1,169 students | 30.40 Mi280 University Drive
Beaver, WV 25813
(304) 929-5450 30.401,169
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.