Blue Cliff College-Shreveport
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (318) 798-6868
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Shreveport||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||22 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||3||5|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||100%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,854||$10,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,633||$4,750|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Shreveport is Southern University at Shreveport (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,651 students | 0.90 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
(318) 670-6000 0.902,651
- 353 students | 7.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
(318) 676-7811 7.60353
- 303 students | 13.40 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
(318) 629-2889 13.40303
- 6,596 students | 14.70 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
(318) 678-6000 14.706,596
- 301 students | 15.40 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71101
(318) 671-4000 15.40301
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.