Blue Cliff College-Shreveport
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Shreveport||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||253 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||152 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||101 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$21,400||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Shreveport is American School of Business (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 61 students | 0.70 Mi702 Professional Dr N
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 291 students | 4.30 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 303 students | 4.50 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 353 students | 9.00 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 8,693 students | 9.30 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.