Blue Cliff College-Shreveport
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Shreveport||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||253 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||152 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||101 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$21,400||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Shreveport is Southern University at Shreveport (0.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,952 students | 0.90 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 353 students | 7.60 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 303 students | 13.40 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 8,693 students | 14.70 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
- 291 students | 15.40 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.