Blue Cliff College-Shreveport
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Shreveport||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||5|
|Total Enrollment||253 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||152 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||101 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$21,400||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||89%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Shreveport is American School of Business (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 61 students | 0.70 Mi702 Professional Dr N
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 291 students | 4.30 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 303 students | 4.50 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 353 students | 9.00 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
- 8,693 students | 9.30 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.