Berks Technical Institute
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berks Technical Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||985 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||706 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||279 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Berks Technical Institute is Reading Area Community College (2.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,198 students | 2.40 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19603
(610) 372-4721 2.404,198
- 5 students | 2.90 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
(610) 375-1212 2.905
- n/a students | 18.30 Mi101 College Drive
Pottstown,  PA  19464
- 1,269 students | 23.40 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
(717) 270-4222 23.401,269
- 4,952 students | 26.00 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
(717) 293-5000 26.004,952
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.