Berks Technical Institute
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Berks Technical Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||985 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||706 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||279 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Berks Technical Institute is Reading Area Community College (2.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,198 students | 2.40 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19603
- 5 students | 2.90 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
- n/a students | 18.30 Mi101 College Drive
Pottstown,  PA  19464
- 1,269 students | 23.40 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
- 4,952 students | 26.00 Mi1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster,  PA  17602
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.