- Beal College strives to provide its traditional and non-traditional students with a quality education to prepare them for careers in Allied Health and Human Services, Business Studies, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, and Professional Office Technology and Support.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Beal College||(ME) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||65 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||14||14|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||83%||85%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$14,272||$11,777|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,999||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Consistent with this mission, Beal College emphasizes practical and life skills. For the student with a sincere desire for self-improvement, these skills lead to success as a graduate. Beal College measures its success by the success of its graduates. Since its founding in 1891, Beal College has established a solid reputation for training capable men and women for professional careers. Perhaps the most attractive asset that Beal College has to offer is the atmosphere of close cooperation between students, staff and faculty. With a low student-faculty ratio, Beal College students reap the benefits of personal attention that can be offered in a small college atmosphere. Beal College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,396 students | 3.40 Mi354 Hogan Rd
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 974-4600 3.402,396
- 2,473 students | 42.70 Mi92 Western Ave
Fairfield, ME 04937
(207) 453-5000 42.702,473
- 503 students | 58.20 Mi475 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
(207) 333-3300 58.20503
- 4,128 students | 58.60 Mi46 University Dr
Augusta, ME 04330
(207) 621-3000 58.604,128
- 491 students | 78.70 MiOne College Drive
Calais, ME 04619
(207) 454-1000 78.70491
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?