- The primary mission of Aquinas College is to provide an atmosphere of learning permeated with faith, directed to the intellectual, moral and professional formation of the human person. Aquinas seeks to foster intellectual achievement and personal growth in a socially and economically diverse population. The Christian principles and values they learn enrich students. Faculty and staff seek to make students aware that a relationship exists between human culture and the message of salvation. Thus, the mission of Aquinas College is to bring this message of salvation to bear on ethical, social, political, religious, and cultural issues.
Aquinas College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Aquinas College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||45 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||472 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||210 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||262 students||262 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||191 students||380 students|
|# Graduate Students||19 students||19 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||113|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$50,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Aquinas College is Nashville State Community College (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,193 students | 0.60 Mi120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville,  TN  37209
- 129 students | 3.20 Mi1616 Church St
Nashville,  TN  37203
- 304 students | 4.70 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 89 students | 6.70 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 7.90 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.