Antonelli College-Jackson (Closed 2019)
- Programs offered at the college include Graphic Design, Interior Design, Web Design, Digital Photography, Business Office Applications, Technical and Network Support, Massage Therapy, Medical Assisting, and Medical Coding.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Antonelli College-Jackson||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||374 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||349 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||25 students||622 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College began as the Gebhardt Art School in 1947 with a philosophy of educating the total artist, based on the fundamentals of craftsmanship. In the mid-1970s, the College was renamed the Ohio Visual Art Institute, and in 1982 it became Antonelli College. During the 1990s, academic programs were added in Business Office Technology. Since January 1996, additional locations in Jackson and Hattiesburg, Mississippi have been opened, with an added emphasis in the medical field. These branch campuses have continued the long-standing tradition of quality career education. The primary goal of Antonelli College is to create an environment that prepares each graduate to become a qualified professional and a well-rounded individual. Antonelli College offers the quality training that is essential if students wish to acquire the skills necessary to gain a competitive edge in the business world today. Antonelli College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The Jackson facility is located at 2323 Lakeland Drive, Jackson, MS. It has approximately 23,000 square feet of space, which includes lecture classrooms, a medical lab, computer labs, a graphic design lab, administrative offices, and a student lounge.
- The nearest community college to Antonelli College-Jackson is Hinds Community College (17.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,839 students | 17.80 Mi505 East Main Street
Raymond,  MS  39154
- 5,798 students | 45.90 Mi#1 Hill St
Goodman,  MS  39079
- 3,029 students | 46.30 Mi1001 Co-Lin Lane
Wesson,  MS  39191
- 2,544 students | 59.50 Mi15738 Highway 15
Decatur,  MS  39327
- 357 students | 63.30 Mi132 Old Hwy 65 South
Tallulah,  LA  71282
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.