Antonelli College-Hattiesburg (Closed 2019)
- Programs offered at the college includes Accounting, Business Office Applications, Legal Assisting, Technical and Network Support, Massage Therapy, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding, Medical Transcription and Diploma Programs.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Antonelli College-Hattiesburg||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||209 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||206 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||622 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College began as the Gebhardt Art School in 1947 with a philosophy of educating the total artist, based on the fundamentals of craftsmanship. In the mid-1970s, the College was renamed the Ohio Visual Art Institute, and in 1982 it became Antonelli College. During the 1990s, academic programs were added in Business Office Technology. Since January 1996, additional locations in Jackson and Hattiesburg, Mississippi have been opened, with an added emphasis in the medical field. These branch campuses have continued the long-standing tradition of quality career education. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Antonelli College-Hattiesburg is Jones County Junior College (19.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,455 students | 19.20 Mi900 South Court Street
Ellisville,  MS  39437
- 4,529 students | 37.00 Mi101 Hwy 11 N
Poplarville,  MS  39470
- 9,799 students | 40.90 Mi51 Main Street
Perkinston,  MS  39573
- 3,752 students | 50.80 Mi1710 Sullivan Dr
Bogalusa,  LA  70427
- 3,029 students | 60.20 Mi1001 Co-Lin Lane
Wesson,  MS  39191
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.