Antonelli College-Hattiesburg (Closed 2019)
- Programs offered at the college includes Accounting, Business Office Applications, Legal Assisting, Technical and Network Support, Massage Therapy, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding, Medical Transcription and Diploma Programs.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Antonelli College-Hattiesburg||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||209 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||206 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||622 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,800||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College began as the Gebhardt Art School in 1947 with a philosophy of educating the total artist, based on the fundamentals of craftsmanship. In the mid-1970s, the College was renamed the Ohio Visual Art Institute, and in 1982 it became Antonelli College. During the 1990s, academic programs were added in Business Office Technology. Since January 1996, additional locations in Jackson and Hattiesburg, Mississippi have been opened, with an added emphasis in the medical field. These branch campuses have continued the long-standing tradition of quality career education. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Antonelli College-Hattiesburg is Jones County Junior College (18.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,455 students | 18.90 Mi900 South Court Street
Ellisville,  MS  39437
- 4,529 students | 37.10 Mi101 Hwy 11 N
Poplarville,  MS  39470
- 9,799 students | 40.90 Mi51 Main Street
Perkinston,  MS  39573
- 3,752 students | 50.80 Mi1710 Sullivan Dr
Bogalusa,  LA  70427
- 178 students | 65.10 Mi12251 Bernard Pkwy
Gulfport,  MS  39503
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.