American National University-Lexington
- National College of Business & Technology is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The College seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others' ideas and thoughts.
American National University-Lexington serves 208 students (65% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 22%.
- Enrollment: 208 students
- Private-state tuition: $11,550
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 70%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 70% over five years.
American National University-Lexington
(KY) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant
Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of American National University-Lexington has declined by 78% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The American National University-Lexington diversity score of 0.71 is more than the state average of 0.38. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $11,550 is less than the state average of $14,418. The private state tuition has declined by 22% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, National College of Business & Technology enrolls more than 6,500 students at its 19 campus locations in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. National's presence in Lexington can be traced through its predecessors, Fugazzi College, begun in 1915, and Kentucky College of Business, founded in 1941. In April, 2006 the campus moved to a new, spacious 30,000 square-foot campus in Hamburg Place. Fourteen lecture classrooms, five computer labs, plus medical and surgical technology labs are situated on 5.2 acres. The campus includes National's only broadcasting studio, home of its Radio and TV diploma and degree programs. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to baccalaureate degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. We offer up to four educational levels, starting with several short-term diploma programs that can be completed in just nine months to a year. Associate's degree programs take about two years. Bachelor's degree programs build on the Associate's degree and may require another two years to complete. The Master of Business Administration may be completed in as little as 18 months. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does American National University-Lexington cost?
American National University-Lexington's private state tuition is approximately $11,550.
10 STEM Degrees You Can Earn at Your Local Community College
We highlight some of the best degrees offered by community colleges in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Community College Students Headed to NASA
Some community college scholars have been selected by NASA to design robotic rovers. Learn about the program and some of the students selected.
Get Your Feet Wet with a WaterBotics Camp at Your Local Community College
This summer, community colleges across the country have been participating in an innovative program known as “Waterbotics,” developed at the Stevens Institute of Technology by the Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education.