American National University-Lexington
- National College of Business & Technology is dedicated to the training and educating of men and women for a full life and a successful career in a number of general and particular fields. The College seeks to give students a broad competency in a field of specialization and an understanding of and respect for their own and others' ideas and thoughts.
The teacher population of 100 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|American National University-Lexington||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||100 staff||111 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1886 in Roanoke, Virginia, National College of Business & Technology enrolls more than 6,500 students at its 19 campus locations in Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana. National's presence in Lexington can be traced through its predecessors, Fugazzi College, begun in 1915, and Kentucky College of Business, founded in 1941. In April, 2006 the campus moved to a new, spacious 30,000 square-foot campus in Hamburg Place. Fourteen lecture classrooms, five computer labs, plus medical and surgical technology labs are situated on 5.2 acres. The campus includes National's only broadcasting studio, home of its Radio and TV diploma and degree programs. As a collegiate institution offering educational credentials from diplomas to baccalaureate degrees, National strives to develop each student intellectually, culturally and socially. We offer up to four educational levels, starting with several short-term diploma programs that can be completed in just nine months to a year. Associate's degree programs take about two years. Bachelor's degree programs build on the Associate's degree and may require another two years to complete. The Master of Business Administration may be completed in as little as 18 months. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas. Lexington campus of National College of Business & Technology are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees and diplomas.
The nearest community college to American National University-Lexington is Bluegrass Community and Technical College (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,525 students | 4.40 Mi470 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40506
(859) 246-6200 4.409,525
- 1,668 students | 16.40 Mi512 E. Stephens St
Midway, KY 40347
(859) 846-4421 16.401,668
- 4,189 students | 52.90 Mi1755 U.S. Hwy 68
Maysville, KY 41056
(606) 759-7141 52.904,189
- 352 students | 63.70 Mi10200 Linn Station Rd Ste 125
Louisville, KY 40223
(502) 371-8330 63.70352
- 4,093 students | 65.60 Mi500 Technology Way
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 441-4500 65.604,093
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.